- Location : Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Contract Value US$ : 681 Million
- Client : Tourism Development and Investment Corporation (TDIC)
- Commencement : 2007
- Completion : 2010
Habtoor Leighton Group was responsible for the construction of 20.3 kilometres of road network including 6.5 kilometres of 10-lane expressway linking Abu Dhabi City with Yas Island.
In addition to the construction of the expressway and local road network, the project scope included:
- Six major bridges with a total deck length of 1.6 kilometres
- Four bridges over the golf course cart access track
- 870 metres cut and cover tunnel
- 30 kilometres of potable water network, including three ground water storage tanks with a combined capacity of 25.4 million imperial gallons, pumping station, substation, generator building and associated fuel storage facilities, MCC building, chemical dosing building and a guard house.
- 10.7 kilometres of storm water drainage network including three pumping stations complete with MCC and generator buildings and associated fuel storage facilities
- 22.3 kilometres of sewerage system including a sewage pumping station and sewage treatment plant and associated MCC and generator buildings.
- High and low voltage power distribution network including 17 streetlight substations
- Telecommunications fibre optic cable network
- Various other mechanical, electrical and civil works.